Maison Jean Cocteau
The house was turned into a museum that showcases some rooms as they used to be when Jean Cocteau lived there. The visitors can dive into the mythological and baroque universe of the famous poet.
He bought this old house which used to belong to the Château de la Bonde, the castle where once lived the admiral of Graville during the 15th century. He spent 17 years of his life in Milly until his death in 1963 with his boyfriend Edouard Dermit (also known as Doudou). Edouard Dermit took care of the house until his own death in 1995.
The museum lets us dive into the mythological and baroque universe of Jean Cocteau throughout the furnised and decorated rooms. You can also have a walk in the bucolic garden surrounded by the irrigation canals and moats from the castle Château de la Bonde. All along the visit, you will discover some photographs of Cocteau's life but also some of his work such as drawings or written notes.
The house of Cocteau now belongs to the Conseil Régional as part of a donation the 11th of September 2019. It was classified as a "Maison des Illustres" by the Ministry of Culture.
It is important to preserve this house and better know this artist from the 20th century with his rich and special work that brought a lot to the French culture.
- English Spanish French
- Lift Toilets Air conditioning Exhibition space Meeting room Parking
- Coach access Room hire Shop Wi-fi Tourist brochures Tourist information
- Activity Children's entertainment Concert Temporary exhibition
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance Site, building partially accessible
- Cyclists Walkers/hikers Mountain bikers Students Special rate for single-parent families Special rate for large families Special rate for disabled people Special rate for jobseekers
From 05/06 to 01/11/2021, every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 11 am and 6 pm.
Full price: 7.50 €
Reduced price: 5.50 to 6.50 €
Group adults: 4.50 €.
Free entry for children < 12 years.
- Bank/credit card